Monday, May 5, 2008

MY FRENCH ADVENTURE September 07

Hello everyone
Here is my September update. I currently have 64% of my monthly support.
Thank you for your prayers. You can either download the version I
designed to look nice or just read the text in this email.

To download this newsletter in color click here:
http://home.comcast.net/~nwphillips/mfa0907.pdf

If you don't have Adobe Acrobat Reader you can download it for free
here: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2_allversions.html

God bless
Nathan Phillips

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

MY FRENCH ADVENTURE September 07


During the month of August I escaped from Washington state while visiting churches. August 5th I was spoke at Parkview Bible Fellowship in Boise, Idaho. The eight hour drive on August 4th took me along I-90 to I-82 and I-84 to Boise. This was the longest single drive that I have made by myself. The drive from Seattle to Idaho stayed
interesting because most of it is either up or down several mountain ranges. The word Boise means ‘woods’ in French and after seeing Boise from the east I could see how someone would call it that after traveling over the treeless mountains and coming to the forested area of Boise. I spoke both in the adult Sunday school and the morning message. On August 11th I drove south on I5 four hours to Salem, Oregon to share with Bethany Baptist Church.

At Bethany I presented to the middle school students during the Sunday School hour. They should now all be experts on reaching the French world for Christ. The pastor at Bethany is Tim Baker a long time friend of my sending pastor Scott Clements. After church my hosts for the weekend took me thirty miles east of Salem to Silver Falls State Park. The park has many miles of trails and several waterfalls. We took to the trails for the two largest falls, the North Falls and the South Falls. Silver Falls is a great park with lots of shaded trails. I recommend it for anyone that finds yourself near Salem. When I got back from enjoying the falls I was exhausted, so I took a nice two hour mandatory nap before hitting I-5 North through Portland into Washington and back to Seattle.

Living Water
The fourteenth of July is the French national holiday celebrating its freedom from the tyrannical King Louis XVII. It is the equivalent to what the Fourth of July is to America. On July fourteenth, but unrelated to anything French, mychurch, Southcenter Community Baptist, participated in the Tukwila Days community festival with a booth of information about our church. We distributed cold bottled water for no charge during
the warm July day. We kept the water cold in coolers until just before it got to the hand of labeled the bottles with information about our church and the Bible verse John 4:14 (But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst). I have to say that it is really fun to hand out something free that people want. Some people were really shocked to get free water without a ‘catch’.

Needle in the Foot
In my last letter I told you about my bad sprained ankle. I am glad to say that my ankle is much better, but I have to report that the same foot ran into more trouble. In August after the rug was vacuumed I walked across the floor getting ready for work.
My right foot found a needle that had been pulled up from the vacuum. I heard a snap as it went in. I found the larger half of the three inch needle but the smaller part had broken off and was no where to be found. I went in to work as scheduled but I couldn’t put any pressure on my right heel because of the pain. The next day I had
to get it checked out and see if the missing half was embedded in my foot. After getting my foot X-rayed at the Emergency Room the doctor was able to tell me that, yes, he had found the rest of the needle. The inch long needle was sticking up five
millimeters from the skin on the bottom of my foot. After a painful Novocain shot a different doctor was able to cut into my foot and pull out the invading metal after a painful Novocain shot. I received one stitch to hold my foot back together. Now after some time to heal I am back to hiking weekly. Also two months ago my mom was in a car wreck where her right ankle was broken and her left was badly sprained. She is now up and walking slowly.

On the road again...
In September I was on the road again. I attended the Baptist Network Northwest Pastor and Wives Retreat September 10th to the 13th. It was a great time of relaxation and fellowship. Here are some places where I have been and will be this fall. September 16th - Mount Tahoma Baptist Church in Lakewood, WA. Mount Tahoma is the Native American name given to Mount Rainier. September 23rd - Faith Baptist Church of Skagit Valley in Burlington, WA. September 30th - Calvary Crossroads in East Wenatchee, WA. October 26th, 27th & 28th - Southside Baptist Church in Tacoma, WA. November 11th - Trinity Baptist Church in Yakima, WA.
November 18th - EmmanuelBaptist Church

No comments: