Monday, May 5, 2008

MY FRENCH ADVENTURE May 08 Back in France 31 May

Hello everyone
Here is my May update. I currently have 86% of my monthly support. I will be leaving Seattle May 28 and arriving in France May 31 with one day in Chicago. Thank you for your prayers. You can either download the version I designed to look nice or just read the text in this email.

To download this newsletter in color click here: MY FRENCH ADVENTURE May 08 Back in France May 31

If you don't have Adobe Acrobat Reader you can download it for free
here: Adobe Acrobat Reader

God bless
Nathan Phillips

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

MY FRENCH ADVENTURE May 08 Back in France May 31


Hello Friends,
I need to apologize for not updating you on what I have been doing. My computer died and it took a while to find all the email addresses. My email that is working best now is nwphillips@hotmail.com. I was fully supported at my previous goal of $1,958 but there is always the unknown factor, which can intervene at any time. Since my quota was set in June 2007, the US dollar has fallen even further. At this point my departure won't be delayed but I am at 86% of my monthly goal of $2,329 and I have 100% of the $4,000 in start up costs. I want thank all of you who have supported me in prayer and financially. If you would like to partner with me financially to reach others for Christ you can email me or call me. I will be flying from Seattle to Chicago May 28th. Then I will stay a day in Wheaton in the BLF office. I will leave Chicago May 30th and arrive in France on the 31st. Before leaving I flew down to the French consulate in beautiful San Francisco to apply for my Long-stay French visa. It took a quick 13 days to get the call of approval.

Did you know?
Just a short walk from the BLF Europe print shop in France is a windmill that dates back to the 1100’s. There are plans to restore the blades that have come off over time.

Giving God 100%

Getting very close to going back to France and again working at the print shop makes me think of when I first arrived back in Seattle after a full year in France. I wanted to jump back on a plane to return to France. Looking back I have grown tremendously in many ways. Since being back in the great Northwest I have spoken and sometimes preached at (21) twenty- one churches and one school. I’ve driven from Seattle to as far north as Bellingham, Washington, as far south as Oakland, Oregon as far east as Boise, Idaho and as far west as Sequim, Washington. I have learned a lot and become more confident at public speaking and sharing what God has put on my heart. I have also learned more about God and who He is. One night in the past couple months as I was laying my thoughts before God asking him to provide 100% of my support so that I could return to serving him in France. Then thought came to me “Have I given 100% of myself to God?”. Too often I ask God to provide for me when I have yet to surrender all of myself to him. I am still working on giving God 100% of myself daily. I believe only when we give ourselves 100% to God we can experience true joy.

Youtube video

Have you ever wondered how the books on your shelf were made? I have put together a couple of videos
of how books are made at BLF Europe. The videos can be viewed at: www.youtube.com/frenchadventure.

Urgent needs in Europe

There are several key positions that BLF Europe is lacking. See the list of positions below. If you or someone you know has skills in these areas and would like to work with a great team in France while
serving God you can contact Tom Rice the personnel director: consultant_hr@hotmail.com. Please pray that these positions are filled and pray for the staff that is currently working hard while we seek God for
additional staff.

BLF Europe
Missionary opportunities:
Accountant – manage and oversee publishing house financial operation
Bindery Operator - operate machinery involved in all aspects of bindery
Equipment maintenance - maintain bindery equipment
Pressman - experience necessary
Printer Apprentice - assistant to pressman
Production Coordinator
Graphic Artist Assistant -
assist with book & promotional art work
Office Assistant - variety of duties
Building maintenance - repair and renovations
Host & Hostess couples - care for Impression Teams

• Praise God for supplying 86% pledged monthly support.
• Praise God for good health. I have been running 10 miles (16km) weekly
• Praise God my visa is approved and they should mail it to me soon.
• Please pray that the rest of my monthly support would come in. $321 more will put me at 100%
• Please pray for the staff currently working in France and that more staff would come.
• Please pray for safe travels and that both my standby flights would go smoothly.

Nathan Phillips
nwphillips@hotmail.com

US Address
5422 16th Ave. SW Seattle, WA 98106 USA
206-768-2530

Sending church
Southcenter Community Baptist Church
Pastor Scott Clements
14742 Macadam Rd S. Tukwila, WA 98168 USA
206-242-1337
http://www.scbchurch.org

Mission Address
Bibles & Literature in French
BLF USA
P.O. Box 629 Wheaton, IL 60189-0629 USA
630-221-1980
http://www.blfusa.org/ • info@blf.org
BLF EUROPE
Rue de Maubeuge 59164 Marpent, France
www.blfeurope.com

No comments: