Thursday, August 14, 2008

Sore Hip

For those of you who know what time it is here you would know that it is too late to be up. It is 12:10 am, but I am awake normally at this hour. I am watching soccer (Liverpool against Standard, English teams) and eating compté, my favorite cheese.

I got back yesterday from visiting my sister Colleen in Germany. Today I had free so I did some dishes and some laundry. This afternoon I watched the World Champion Parachuting competition. It just happen to be this week in the same town where I live, Maubeuge, France. There were teams from around 30 countries around the world. Today they gave out the medals for the winners. The teams were scored on the stunts and acrobatics that they did in the sky before opening their chutes. Team USA won 1 bronze 2 silvers and 1 gold. I lost track of how many medals France won. They have a great team. I bet you the only medals given out today were in China. They also had an air show with biplanes and jets.

After all that happened in the sky and after dinner I wanted to get out. I went for a jog along the same path that I jog on every Saturday, but this time I jogged to the same bridge from my place which is the opposite direction. I ended up running at 9pm around 5miles (8k) one way and I walked back. I would have ran more but my hip was killing me with an acute pain and my knee was giving me pain too. I'd like to do this run often but without the pain part. hopefully when I am in more shape it won't be as bad. We will see.

ok time for bed

No comments: